Whites Boston Unisex Short Sleeve Jacket White (Sizes: XS-XXL) - B250
This fine quality lightweight short sleeve chefs coat from Whites is the perfect chef workwear offered at fantastic value. The unisex cut features stainless steel press stud fastenings which enables the jacket to be efficiently secured and unfastened.
What is a double breasted chef jacket used for?
Double breasted jackets are commonly used by chefs for two main reason:
- the double layer of fabric helps to protect the chest and stomach area from burns through spillages
- if one piece of fabric becomes stained through contact with food or ingredients, then the double breasted design allows you to reverse the fastening and hide unwanted marks
What is the purpose of a chef jacket?
Apart from the historical reasoning of differentiating a chef from a cook, chef jackets have a more practical use. The basic function of a chef jacket is to protect the wearer by covering the torso and preventing burns or cuts to the major-organ area.
- Weight - fabric 190g/m²
- Colour White
- Short sleeves to keep you cool
- Sizes XS - XXL
- No pocket
- Relaxed, spacious fit
- Colour white helps to reflect heat away from the body
- Embroidery available
- Polycotton lite twill - 80% polyester, 20% cotton