Bagasse Takeway Boxes
Our compostable hinged takeaway boxes are made from bagasse, a recycled sugarcane. Maintained in a high heat and pressure process, our range of bagasse takeaway boxes are available in a range of sizes and are great for hot, wet or oily foods. We are highly regarded as Bagasse Takeaway Box suppliers and can meet your requirements when it comes to purchasing Bagasse Takeaway Box.
We use bagasse to make takeaway boxes, plates and bowls. It's a brilliant eco alternative to polystyrene!
An Environmental Company
The team at The Compostable Cup Company work closely with some of the top name brands, meaning you can rely on us as a reputable and reliable company for eco-friendly takeaway boxes in the UK. Known as a leading manufacturer of compostable products, our solution-based approach covers a selection of creative and environmental consultancy. We aim to deliver your brand along with full zero waste programs for foodservice.
What is Bagasse?
Bagasse It is a by-product of making sugar, when sugarcane stalks are harvested, they are pressed to extract their juices. Which then gets processed into sugar. This leaves behind a dry fibrous substance. Using a high heat and pressure process this material is then moulded into various containers and tableware such as bowls and plates.
Bagasse works well with hot, wet and oily foods; holding liquids extremely well. Bagasse is naturally grease and cut resistant, it is also heat tolerant up to 95 degrees and can even be put in the microwave or the freezer.
Great for your Food and the Environment
- Both biodegradable and compostable, bagasse is seen as the most environmentally friendly material currently used in the food service industry. Offering a great alternative to products such as polystyrene containers.
- Stronger and better quality than most alternatives.
- Has no impact on taste or the aroma of food, unlike alternative packaging which as a distinctive smell of its own and can affect how food tastes when it is eaten out of.
- Requires very little energy to produce so as well as being fully biodegradable, it has minimum impact on our environment.
- The natural material does not trap condensation, so food stays fresh and crispy
- Thinner than polystyrene, so stacks more efficiently
- Suitable for hot, wet and oily foods
- Contains 99% less embodied carbon
- Made from 100% recycled materials
- Commercially compostable with food waste
- Sugarcane is a renewable resource
- Bagasse is sustainably sourced and is making use of a by-product which would otherwise go to waste
At The Compostable Cup Company we offer a versatile range of bagasse takeaway boxes. This recycled sugarcane fibre has 99% less carbon than polystyrene and can be used between -20°C and 120°C in the oven, microwave or freezer. Breathable, so keeps chips and hot foods crispy.
Why Choose Us for Bagasse Takeaway Boxes?
There’s no way to recycle food with plastic in it, and you can’t recycle plastic with food on it. When you switch to compostable catering disposables, the food and its packaging can be recycled together, this is the only true recycling solution for zero waste in food services. At The Compostable Cup Company, the compostable products that we provide are made from plant based renewable materials which are sustainable. Crops like sugar cane and corn are used which can be grown annually unlike petroleum-based waste which has a finite supply and is not sustainable. The products we provide across the UK can be composted and, in some cases, all green waste will be composted and returned to the earth as a fertilizer to grow more raw materials. Whether you use a commercial composter, have your own composter onsite or a traditional garden composter, all the products we sell can be returned to the earth.
For Recycled Takeaway Cartons, Contact the Compostable Cup Company
At The Compostable Cup Company, we’re passionate about the environment, and we want you to make sure that you are too. We provide more than just simple foodservice packaging and will come up with a solution-based approach to help you contribute to saving the environment. So, if you are interested in recyclable and compostable cartons simply get in touch with The Compostable Cup Company today and one of our friendly team members will be more than happy to give you more information on the services we offer.