Bagasse is the dry fibrous residue left once sugarcane has been pressed for juice. This fibre is pressed into shapes in a high-heat, high-pressure process. We use it to make takeaway boxes, plates and bowls. It's a brilliant eco alternative to polystyrene and are also great for home bbq's and parties!
GREAT FOR YOUR FOOD & THE ENVIRONMENT
Our bagasse ranges includes an economic and sturdy selection of tableware and takeaway boxes in a range of shapes and sizes.
- The natural material does not trap condensation, so food stays fresh and crispy
- Thinner than polystyrene, so stacks more efficiently
- Suitable for hot, wet and oily foods
- Contains 99% less embodied carbon
- Made from 100% recycled materials
- Commercially compostable with food waste
- Sugarcane is a renewable resource
- Bagasse is sustainably sourced and is making use of a by-product which would otherwise go to waste
Bagasse is a stylish eco replacement for polystyrene made from recycled sugarcane fibre for 99% less carbon. Microwave and freezer safe between -20°C and 120°C. Suitable for wet and dry foods and sturdier than paper.